100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History FIGHT VIDEO replay

100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby snake eyes » Feb 20. 2013, 07:38

MMASHARE FIGHT VIDEOS on your e-mail:



Where's the list? Posting it here would help the discussion tremendously.

Very particular set of skills
User avatar
snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
 
Posts: 9969
Joined: Oct 13. 2009, 12:35
Location: North not cut

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Sasori » Feb 20. 2013, 07:38

I'm guessing Fedro or Anderson dukes it out for the top spot with GSP just under that placement. Then we will have Wandy, Chuck, Rampage, CroCop, Tito, Frank, Couture, Hughes, maybe Franklin, Noguera, Sakuraba, Royce, BJ, maybe Gomi, probably Bones and Shogun.

Yeah I think it will go something like this in the top 20, not in that order maybe but close to that. I am unsure if they would put Bas in the top, though I could give him a spot there with ease.
User avatar
Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 34622
Joined: Jun 2. 2014, 05:58

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Aggression » Feb 20. 2013, 08:56

Sasori wrote:I'm guessing Fedro or Anderson dukes it out for the top spot with GSP just under that placement. Then we will have Wandy, Chuck, Rampage, CroCop, Tito, Frank, Couture, Hughes, maybe Franklin, Noguera, Sakuraba, Royce, BJ, maybe Gomi, probably Bones and Shogun.

Yeah I think it will go something like this in the top 20, not in that order maybe but close to that. I am unsure if they would put Bas in the top, though I could give him a spot there with ease.


This.
"Going where there is no road will make a new road."
User avatar
Aggression
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Nov 18. 2007, 02:25
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Jaydog » Feb 20. 2013, 11:50

Don't forget about Dan Henderson on these list's, he was a 2 weight div champ of Pride, SF 205 lbs Champ and is still top 2 right now in the world at 205lbs in the UFC. All at 42yrs old, including fighting most of his fights in pride or Fedor at a major weight disadvantage, He is a modern day Legend, that gets passed over allot when fans talk p4p or goat, IMO Hendo deserves allot more recognition in the sport, Maybe when he does finally retire, he will get his props!
User avatar
Jaydog
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Nov 22. 2009, 03:19
Location: ISU

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Jaydog » Feb 20. 2013, 11:53

error
User avatar
Jaydog
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Nov 22. 2009, 03:19
Location: ISU

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Sasori » Feb 20. 2013, 13:44

Jaydog wrote:Don't forget about Dan Henderson on these list's, he was a 2 weight div champ of Pride, SF 205 lbs Champ and is still top 2 right now in the world at 205lbs in the UFC. All at 42yrs old, including fighting most of his fights in pride or Fedor at a major weight disadvantage, He is a modern day Legend, that gets passed over allot when fans talk p4p or goat, IMO Hendo deserves allot more recognition in the sport, Maybe when he does finally retire, he will get his props!

True, I forgot completely, for sure a top 20 guy
User avatar
Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 34622
Joined: Jun 2. 2014, 05:58

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby m0sh0nka » Feb 20. 2013, 14:59

Chad Griggs.
Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yo shimmy yay.
User avatar
m0sh0nka
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Feb 12. 2011, 03:35
Location: Tinky Winky's purse.

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Jaydog » Feb 20. 2013, 16:30

m0sh0nka wrote:Chad Griggs.

LMAO thx i needed that bro..
User avatar
Jaydog
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Nov 22. 2009, 03:19
Location: ISU

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Sci » Feb 20. 2013, 19:59

Anderson is number one, without question.

After that is a toss up for the next top 4, between GSP, Fedor, Bones, Hendo.
User avatar
Sci
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sep 21. 2009, 17:53
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby NickDiaz209 » Feb 20. 2013, 20:45

Where's the list? And where is nick Diaz on there?
Carlos conduit
User avatar
NickDiaz209
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Feb 11. 2012, 18:41
Location: Stockton, California

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Johnny Denver » Feb 20. 2013, 21:54

1. The sport isn't old enough to have 100 "greatest". There'd be maybe 10-15 and then a whole bunch of guys that never could maintain consistency enough to be noticed.
2. JDavey did an immaculate pyramid/chart showing the best guys already. It had like 20.
"But I don't believe I'll pursue an acting career."
"I'm friends with many fighters...with Kevin Rodlebaum, Mark Coleman, Don Henderson...I'm quite friendly with George Barnett. We email each other a fair bit."-Fedor
Johnny Denver
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 6283
Joined: Sep 26. 2009, 06:00
Location: the only state unsanctioned

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby Kazparov » Feb 20. 2013, 22:30

phantomrenegade wrote:Where's the list? And where is nick Diaz on there?


I'm sorry but he hasn't beaten anyone relevant in years. Crushing cans in the minor leagues doesn't count.

phpBB [video]
"If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb to the top of your ignorance and jump down to your iq. When stupid goes up to 5 dollars a barrel I'd love to have the drilling rights to your head"
Thundertiger
User avatar
Kazparov
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
 
Posts: 2655
Joined: Oct 23. 2010, 19:59

Re: 100 Greatest MMA Fighters in History

Postby ikugan » Feb 21. 2013, 04:21

Don't you guys think "mainstream" mma is a bit young to be having a top 100 list? Dunno, but for me when a majority of the people on a list are still alive, let alone still competing, i find it a bit premature for lists/rankings to be written. I prefer to let something season, marinate, age....before coming up with a "in history list."
ikugan
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Aug 31. 2008, 05:15

Next

MMASHARE FIGHT VIDEO FORUM

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!